Norske-Anmeldelser suggests that short and stiff muscles are undesirable because they can provide additional tension, which in turn leads to tingling or pain. To stimulate the blood flow in your muscles and thus increase your flexibility, you can stretch these muscles extra. But beware, do this with policy and always within your limits! After all, everybody is different.
Do’s when Stretching the full body
- Make sure you do the stretching exercises correctly. A poorly performed exercise has little effect. So be critical of your attitude. Gymgrossisten provides additional information on how to perform effective stretching
- Hold the stretch for 20 to 30 seconds. After a 15 second rest, do the stretch again. So: 20 to 30 seconds of stretching then 15 seconds of rest. Repeat these 3 to 4 times. For good results, you should do the stretching exercises at least 4 times a week, in the morning and evening.
- Take your time! Increase the weight of the stretch with care and gradually for a few weeks. Too heavy a stretch gives a negative result because the muscle will contract harder as a counter-reaction. It is, therefore, better to stretch too lightly than too heavily. You can also perform a light stretch a bit more often.
- After the stretch, relax the stretched muscle by shaking it briefly.
- If you are a little older or very stiff, take more time for the stretching exercises: your muscles are often a bit shorter.
- Make use of aids such as a yoga belt or a yoga block to find your ideal stretch.
- Continue to breathe and focus your thoughts on the stretches in your body.
Don’ts with Stretching the full body
- Don’t stretch cold muscles. Always warm-up, for example by doing the Sun Salutation several times.
- Having pain while stretching and forcing is a real don’t! A stretch should never hurt because then you go too far! You should also feel the stretch in the muscled abdomen and not in the muscle attachments (the tendons).
- Do not overstretch. Keep the muscle still during the stretch.
- Do not stretch to the point of pain. It is only normal when you feel a mild discomfort
Stretching muscles have been shown to decrease the viscoelasticity of a muscle for a short time. Muscle fibers that are more viscous give more resistance and therefore lowering the viciousness (by stretching!) Can help you in your yoga workout.
The range of motion of your muscles is also influenced by the degree of stretching pain. Regular stretching causes a decrease in the stretch sensitivity so that the stretched muscle can relax better and the flexibility increases. When stretching, it is important that you observe a number of things so that you do not injure yourself.
Finally, we would like to emphasize that while muscles play a role in your range of motion, this is by no means the only factor! For example, the construction of your joints, connective tissue, ligaments, tendons, cartilage, lubrication, and any restrictions play a role. All of this affects your freedom of movement and flexibility. There are big differences between people, which is perfectly normal because every person and body is unique!